Role Description - Placement Coordinator
The primary purpose of this role is to match approved adopters with labs available for adoption based on specific characteristics and criteria. Some of the specific duties include:
- Review approved adoption applications and adoptable dog bios.
- Learn MLRR’s email program (Mailchimp) and use it to communicate with approved adopters and foster home volunteers.
- Notify our database of approved adopters when dogs become available for adoption via our email program.
- Review and respond to all requests for specific dogs from approved adopters.
- Collaborate with foster home volunteers to select appropriate applications for their foster dog from our waiting list of approved adopters.
- Notify approved adopters when their application has expired.
- Maintain the status of approved adopters in our database program, ASM (web hosted shelter program).
- Verify that all contracts and payments are received when adoptions are consummated.
- Complete Adoption Announcement once each adoption is finalized.
- Read and reply to firstname.lastname@example.org emails in a timely fashion.
The ideal candidate is organized, is detail oriented and possesses excellent communication skills. Estimated commitment is 15-20 hours per month. If you are interested in this role, please fill out a volunteer application here. Please make a note of your desired position under Volunteer Interests - Other.