Enjoy a "paw"fect day out with your pup, meandering down the Arboretum's 16 miles of hiking trails. You can also shop from local businesses and organizations in the pet expo, watch special demonstrations, and meet dogs available for adoption and inquire about volunteering with local pet shelters. Sign your pooch up for some doggy games, including the crowd-favorite peanut butter licking contest!
Schedule and location
- Sunday, May 3, 2020 & Sunday, August 30, 2020
- 7 am - Sunset: Dogs allowed on the grounds
- 10 am - 4 pm: Vendor expo and activities
- $5 admission fee per dog
Tips to help you prepare for your visit:
- The event is from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., but dogs are allowed on the grounds beginning at 7:00 a.m. to sunset for hiking.
- Arrive early and allow plenty of time to get to the Expo, as you may have to walk up to a quarter of a mile.
- Dress for the outdoors. Boots are recommended for the hiking trails.
We want you to have a "paw"-fect day, however, we ask that you please adhere to the following rules while visiting with your dog:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times.
- All dogs must have updated vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of both your pet and the natural environment, do not let dogs go off the marked trails.
- Please clean up after your pet, bags are available at the Visitor Center.